Friday, February 14, 2014

Thankfulness Feb 14

Today I am thanking God for:

139.  A tip off from a friend about a Sing A Long session of the movie Frozen.  I've booked our tickets - my girls live and breath that movie - we have to go!

140.  That in spite of having a dodgy memory some things aren't forgotten.  Someone at respite must have told Murray it was Valentines Day...

Behold the level of romance in our house...



141.  Fortune Cookie Wisdom.  Ashlea's class had yum cha today (she licked a few things and nibbled a prawn chip).  This was her fortune cookie...






This is actually gospel wisdom not fortune cookie wisdom.  The bible says this:

Heb 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The fortune cookie writer was correct - God provides the grace to help us cope in every circumstance.   Without it there is no way I would be able to cope!


Eph 5:20 
....always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ...


3 comments:

Alison said...

** DISCLAIMER FOR THE DELICATE**
For those who don't 'get me' the text with Murray is FUNNY not offensive. Firstly we often have a laugh when he doesn't know the date - because seriously what is the alternative? That I berate him for not knowing? That I have expectations that he remember and get me something when he really isn't capable? That would be ridiculous. Secondly the thing I am thankful for is that he remembers that I am not romantic at all and have never had any interest in celebrating Valentines Day.

Anonymous said...

I can't even remember how I originally found your blog. But I just want to say "thank you" for what you share. Our twins were born 15 weeks early, and I have really struggled with all of the challenges they face due to their prematurity. Although I am saved by God's amazing grace, I have definitely struggled with many "why?" questions over the past few years. (They are 2, and we lost our first child to a partial molar pregnancy the year before that...starting many of my questions). Reading your honest posts and your decisions to be thankful has been such a blessing for me. Thank you for sharing. And may God continue to be glorified in you and through you! (And your amazing family.) P.S. I thought the text you shared from Murray was great!!!

Alison said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Anonymous!

The twin preemie journey is definitely a stressful one - it took me quite a few years to get over the trauma of the NICU. Sorry for your loss as well.

Thanks for the encouragement.