Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thankfulness Feb 26


Discover the facts about organ donation
Decide if you want to become a donor
Discuss your wishes with your family


Today I am thanking God for:

175.  Hot chips with vinegar for lunch;

176.  A mid-week child-free trip to Ikea with a friend;

This is what the lifter is really for... Expedits!!!

177.  A signed copy of Hope Beyond Cure arriving in my mailbox.  I think this is the only book I own that has been signed by the author!

I can't recommend this book highly enough to anyone who is interested in knowing the hope Jesus offers.  All this week I have been talking about organ donation as a way to save lives - but really it is only a temporary life saver.  Even those who have successful organ transplants are still going to die one day.  This book talks about the hope of eternal life that comes from believing in Jesus.  This hope holds firm even if you don't get the transplant or your cancer isn't cured.  Written by someone with incurable cancer it is not one of those 'what would you know about real life' books - this book is written from the oncology ward by someone who knows what it is to suffer - but who also knows that there is hope beyond this suffering - hope for eternity.  If you are interested in reading it you can purchase it by clicking on the link above (or you can borrow my copy if you're a local).



Psalm 107:8 
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
, and his wonderful deeds for mankind.

1 comment:

Dave Macca said...

You are very welcome - as I wrote, you've been a big encouragement to me!