Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thankfulness Feb 27

One organ donor can save or transform the lives
of up to 10 people

Some days are harder to be thankful than others aren't they?

Today I am thanking God for:

178.  My washing machine and dryer which make it so easy to wash the sheets - Ashlea's bed was full of milk and bile this morning due to an overnight pump failure (for the second day running);

179.  Easy access to Ashlea's medical team.  The change in routine due to the milky mess meant I forgot to give Ashlea her morning meds.  PANIC.  These are her anti-rejection meds for her kidney - fortunately I was able to speak to her doctor and find out what to do (someone is enjoying a late night as I now can't give her night time meds until later than usual);

180.  The fact that I had bought an extra packet of Taco shells when I was doing the grocery shopping;

Dinner Fail

181.  That Murray caught and released the lizard (and chased a little bird out of the house too - why is our house so appealing to the local wildlife???).  I'm hoping it was THE lizard that has been teasing me for months but Murray did helpfully remind me that it may have had babies while inside;

182.  Even I can't think of a way to be thankful for the letter from the taxman telling me I claimed something I wasn't eligible for (oops) or for the little ratbag at school who stole Emma's pokemon cards out of her bag.  I am however very thankful to find these in the shops...you know they are my weakness!

YUM

Psalm 107:8 
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
, and his wonderful deeds for mankind.

2 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Goodmorning loving your list today. Great to have those extra taco shells! Blessings

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Oh, lots to be thankful for xx