Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Thankfulness Mar 11

Today I am thanking God for:

Look Mum - No Hands!!

215.  Swimming carnival success!  Ashlea had great fun and was able to swim with just the swim ring - might be time for actual lessons I think;


Meeting Ellie Cole - Paralympic Gold Medallist

216.  The hard work of the teachers and aides who helped the children participate and enjoy the day - especially those who spent the entire day in the pool helping kids race;


Thanks to Mrs W's tireless efforts Mummy didn't have to get in the pool... :)

217.  An understanding lady at the council office.  I got a parking fine while at the carnival for not parking rear to curb - seriously - even though my car is plastered with rear access disability stickers.  Anyway the nice council lady said something along these lines:  CALM DOWN LADY - we waived the fine but you need to know that the law expects that you unload your disabled passenger and then abandon them somewhere in the car park or on the side of the road and then reverse your car into the spot.   OK, so I may have paraphrased what she said but that was the gist of it.  Apparently people have tried to contest fines on these grounds before and have failed.  So now I know and I thought it might affect some of you so now you all know too.  Crazy but true.


And because we can't not have video...




Video link

Psalm 69:30 
I will praise God’s name in song and glorify Him with thanksgiving.