Friday, March 21, 2014

Thankfulness Mar 21

Today I am thanking God for:

Yum?

249.  Ashlea scoring 10/10 for her spelling test today.  The last few weeks she has had 5 spelling words and they have all rhymed (e.g. pan, man, fan etc).  This week she had a test that covered a mixture of words (e.g. pan, men, sit, we - with no pattern to follow) and she still got them all right - so exciting to see her learning;

250.  The wisdom of Audrey.  I showed her one of the things I got Emma for her birthday as I know she can keep a secret.  The first thing she said to me was 'But don't tell Emma what you got me because she won't be able to keep it in and she'll tell me'.  So true;

251.  The wise little voice in my own head that made me question Ashlea before biting into this biscuit.  I LOVE arrowroots with icing and Ashlea bought this tasty creation home from school. Before biting into it I stopped to wonder whether other children in her class may have IEP goals that mirror Ashlea's (i.e. no hands in mouths, noses or nappies).  That was enough to give me pause for thought.  Then I asked Ashlea if she made the biscuit and she told me that not only did she make it but that she had been licking it and it was delicious.  Glad I checked.
Psalm 9:1 
I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.

4 comments:

Heda said...

Family germs are OK aren't they?

Alison said...

They probably are Heda but you know what I"m like about germs!!

Anonymous said...

G-R-E-A-T J-O-B
Funny arrowroot entry. From Fay

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Had to smile, my two and a half year old has just started with nappy diving with her hand. I've just talked myself into starting toilet training.
Go Ashlea on the spelling tests! I used to love them at school.