Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thankfulness Mar 4

Today I am thanking God for:



196.  The opportunity to teach Emma the old fashioned way of doing addition and subtraction.  She grasped it really quickly and found it so much easier than the way she had been using.  No offence to my teacher friends but I do not understand some of the ways they teach maths these days;

197.  Ashlea's participation in school choir this year - they are singing a medley of Frozen songs so she will be in her element;

198.  The bribery that is a new pixelmon update (for minecraft - Emma can't yet install them herself so she is reliant on me and whatever task I set her to earn it).


PS For those interested tonight's shower numbers were the National Anthem followed by Queen's Don't Stop Me Now.  I tried to encourage them to branch out to Bohemian Rhapsody or We Are The Champions but they weren't having a bar of it.


Col 3:17 
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the first math eq'n is wrong...sorry don't mean to burst your bubble

Alison said...

I know - but that proves my point! The picture is the 'new school way of doing it' - my tried and true 'old school' method is much better. My old school method below:

26+
38
---
64

Emma was so relieved to have a reliable way of checking her answers.