Monday, April 21, 2014

Thankfulness Apr 21 - Birthday Fun

Today is Ashlea and Audrey's 8th birthday.  EIGHT I tell you - how did that happen???  They have had a great day with presents in the morning followed by our favourite family outings - ice skating and a trip to the chocolate cafe for 'lunch'.  They even got serenaded Happy Birthday by a busker while we were out.


Ashlea 
Ashlea 


Audrey


Audrey

4 months old - 1 month corrected

8 Years Old


Today I am thanking God for:

357.  The eight precious years I have had so far with Ashlea and Audrey.  Considering we didn't know if they were going to survive their birth or the tumultuous NICU journey that followed I am beyond thankful for the eight years I have had so far and am hopeful of many MANY more;

358.  The amazing staff of RPA Newborn care who this time 8 years ago were working feverishly on the girls getting them stabilised;

359.  Access to world class health care - if we didn't live in the country we do at the time we do my girls would not be alive.


And yes I do feel a little teary this year as I contemplate their birthday - not because I am thinking back to the trauma of their birth but rather because I am overwhelmed with thankfulness that they are alive and well and thriving.  Things could have beens so different.  We are so very thankful.

And because I know you all like to see the REAL pics 

1 Chronicles 29:13 
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.

4 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Happiest of days to the girls xx congratulations to you all of reaching such a significant milestone xx

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday girls! From Fay
We love you!!!!

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Two beautiful girls. So much to be thankful for xx

Katelyn said...

Happy Birthday! Those NICU pictures are ROUGH! How blessed you are!