Today was Ashlea's birthday party. We all had a GREAT day and have so much to be thankful for. Let me bombard you with pictures first though :)
|9am Ashlea was in the jumping castle from the|
minute it arrived. She can actually WALK in
|Just when we'd recovered from the excitement of the castle arriving|
the BEST CAKE EVER arrived
|When her friends arrived we bounced, played Pin The Tail on Tom and |
Pass the Tom Cat
|We sang that song (very quietly)|
|We made sure Ashlea wasn't watching for this bit...|
|And a good time was had by all...|
|This was Ashlea by 4:30pm - Are you tired yet Ashlea?|
NO she assures me...
Ashlea was rather sad when the jumping castle had to be packed up. I tried distracting her with some party food - it worked with her clearly mastering the concept of comfort eating - my sadness help my cheese and bacon balls go into my mouth she said.
Today I am thanking God for:
374. A great party celebrating Ashlea's birthday with her friends;
375. The jumping castle man being too busy to pick up the castle until 5:30pm (it was set up at 8:30am - Ashlea did a full days work in there);
376. No rain;
377. Aunty Carolin's help - especially with the cleaning up;
378. Grandma for making the cupcakes and sandwiches;
379. Super Neighbour Greg supervising the jumping castle again. I don't know if he does it deliberately to be helpful or if he just really likes jumping castles but the kids had a great time and it was very helpful to have someone in there preventing head clashes. Some of my friends want to know if the neighbours are available to hire for their next event;
380. No head clashes or injuries of any kind;
381. How much fun Ashlea had at her party. Parties can be one of those heartbreaking things that are few and far between for children with special needs so it was lovely to see Ashlea and all her friends having a great time and just being kids. What a great day.
1 Chronicles 29:13
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.