Friday, April 4, 2014

Thankfulness Apr 4

Today I am thanking God for:

Being deliberately naughty counts as a
milestone right?


296.  Ashlea's cheekiness.  Two nights ago I caught her trying to take an iPod to bed with her.  Last night she tried to hide the iPod in her bed in advance in the hope that I wouldn't notice and she would be successful in her mission to smuggle it into bed.  How cheeky!  But also how clever!  Such planning and forethought!  I'm so proud;

297.  A friend with a great business idea.  My friend Rachel has started a business called Meals Made At Home.  Basically she makes delicious home cooked meals and sells them to desperate school mums - of which I am one!  Tonight we are enjoying her chicken and leek pie;

298.  Audrey's quiet persistence.

And the library book hints continue to come home each week...

Hebrews 12:28 
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I love Ashlea's clever thinking! And the animal books made me smile. Also -- you don't have to publish this comment, but I just wanted to let you know that it looks like the library books have their school name on them, so you might want to edit it out for safety reasons? (: I understand if it's not a concern, but I know that some parents don't like to share the names of their children's schools on the Internet, so I just wanted to make sure that you're aware if that's the case!

Cheers! I love your blog!

Alison said...

Thanks Anon - sorted :)

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Smiling big about the phone in bed, great planning Ashlea :)
We are looking for a small dog for the girls. I suppose reading up about dogs and cats will be great prep for the real thing one day ;)

Brielle and Me: Our Journey said...

I love when my special needs daughter is naughty! (Well...sorta.) Consider what it takes to be sneaky! Passion. Planning. Knowing right from wrong. Knowing you (as the parent). Risk taking. Yep. Love! (Visiting from LoveThatMax!)