Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thankfulness May 1

Today I am thanking God for:

Lest We Forget

394.  The opportunity to go to the school Anzac Day ceremony and show each of the girls classes their Great-Grandfather's war medals.  The first 3 from the left are his original service medals, the extra fancy looking one is extra fancy - it's the Legion of Honour - the highest civilian French award, then there is the 80th commemoration of Armistice Day medal and a commemorative medallion from Fromelles.  I must say sight of Ashlea's class walking down to lay their wreath was a little tear-inducing;

395.  Emma's way with words - when discussing Ashlea's participation in an upcoming musical incursion at school Emma wisely observed: You know you're just paying for Ashlea to cry, right?

396.  Two days successfully enforcing my children's new Minecraft restrictions (one hour maximum per day).  They are resisting.  I am holding strong - I'm not sure how long I can enforce it for though!


Isaiah 12:5  
 Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; 
let this be known to all the world.

No comments: