Saturday, May 10, 2014

Thankfulness May 10

Today I am thanking God for:

We're bored..

428.  Ashlea's clever eating.  Somehow we have managed to drop a tube feed and replace it with an actual food feed (custard and pears).  It takes nearly half an hour but she can now eat enough for it to be a 'meal' rather than a taste.  Who would have thought?

Woohoo .. whatevs

429.  Lazy Saturday afternoons to play in the leaves.  I noticed our favourite tree was starting to drop it's leaves so we went to play in them this afternoon.  Of course I tried to get some nice pictures of my children but they weren't really into it;

431.  This awesome walking - which is one of the reasons it was so hard to get a picture of all the girls together this afternoon - Ashlea just kept taking off!





I'll never get tired of being thankful for this great walking.  When Ashlea was little and it was looking like her disabilities would be severe I used to pray that she would be able to walk, talk and eat sandwiches.  Custard and pears isn't quite sandwiches but God has been very gracious in answering those prayers - prayers that I stopped praying a long time ago.  I am amazed.  I am tempted to say God is good - which is an appropriate response but one that would still be true even if she wasn't walking, talking and eating - so instead I will just say that I am thankful.  So so thankful.


Psalm 136:26
Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.



Ashlea Walking In The Leaves

3 comments:

Big brother, Little sister. said...

Oh my goodness that's amazing! Her speed is brilliant! I am so thrilled for her that eating is starting to become a small pleasure that will hopefully grow into a big one! Xx

Heda said...

Boredom! Who cares when the three of them are standing there together? Let them be bored!

Sylvia said...

Awesome! Happy Mother's Day!