Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thankfulness May 27

Today I am thanking God for:



483.  A new modem and restored internet connection;

484.  A slightly tidier house - not because I used my internet free time to tidy but because I used the lure of restored internet to get my little minions to clean their rooms;

485.  The chance to mind a doggie for a few days to see what it's REALLY like.  IF we got a dog we would get a trained assistance dog, but before we even consider it we are going to borrow a friend's dog for a few days while they're away to see if I can cope with the reality of picking up dog poop.


Romans 7:25a 
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

2 comments:

Deb said...

I've been trying SO hard not to say, "Get a dog! Get a dog!" because I know it's got to be right for YOUR family. But....get a dog! I was not keen on the dog adoption when we started down that road a year ago and it has been wonderful! Not getting a puppy was what made it do-able for me (because I don't have time for the training right now). And dog poo? Get one of these http://thisfleetingmoment.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/doggy-do-do.html

Totally worth it and the long version would mean you didn't have to bend and hurt your back. We've got the smaller version. It's ace. We've had it a year and it still looks new. Because no dog poo every actually touches the scoop, it never gets horrible and smelly and revolting.

Okay. I'll stop now. Hope the dog trial goes well in terms of helping you make a wise decision about whether dog ownership would work in your situation. I am totally not whispering, "Get a dog!" out of the side of my mouth. Not at all.

The Trousdell Five said...

Oh my gosh Alison, I was so worried about the dog poop too! But we "borrowed" my sister's smallish dog for the weekend and I realized I could handle it. Now we're just figuring out if we want the responsibility that comes with a fourth "child", as many benefits are there are. Good luck with your decision!