Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thankfulness May 29

Today I need advice before I give thanks!



Somehow Murray's Very Significant Birthday has snuck up on me - it's in two weeks time and I haven't organised a thing.  My options are to have a small family afternoon tea at home OR to go all out and have a huge gathering to celebrate this milestone.  After everything that's happened I'd quite like to have a great big party for him (you're all invited)....but where to have it?  What do you think?  Any and all suggestions welcome!

Today I am thanking God for:

489.  Ashlea and her wonderful way with words.  Her description of nappy rash:  MUM!  My bottom is burning like fire!!!;

490.  Eucalyptus oil with which to wage war on ants (and the sight of all those dead ant bodies is rather satisfying too);

491.  Friends.


Romans 7:25a 
Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading about your girls and love your thankfulness list. I know that each of us is unique, but I have a friend whose husband has a brain injury, and he does not enjoy large crowds/noise at all. I think a small gathering of family and friends with tea and his favorite dessert (with homemade gifts from the girls of course) would be perfect. Praying for your family daily!

smithsholidayroad said...

How about a lawn bowls afternoon? It's relaxed and kid friendly and you can organise your own snacks? We did this for our engagement party and it suited lots of different ages and people. Happy birthday to Murray.