Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Thankfulness May 7

Today I am thanking God for:

Mmm pears...

416.  A new taste sensation for Ashlea - today she tried pears for the first time.  It received a mixed reaction;

Clearly it's an acquired taste

417.  The power of a bribe to get her to eat a few more spoonfuls.  She told me the other day she wanted a particular Furby baby for Christmas so I said she could buy it with her birthday money if she ate all the pears.  I could not bear a seven month discussion about whether or not Santa might bring her a Scoffby;

418.  How quickly my girls are adjusting to reduced screen time.  It also gives me a bit more bargaining power - if I need to go out or get them to do something I have something up my sleeve to offer;

The view from my kitchen window
(sort of)

419.  Some Ashlea supplies finally arriving.  I originally ordered them back in February but they kept getting delivered to someone else;

420.  Getting a bunch of annoying jobs and phone calls out of the way today.


Psalm 136:26
Give thanks to the God of heaven.
His love endures forever.

No comments: