Sunday, June 15, 2014

Thankfulness Jun 15

Today I am thanking God for:



550.  A win for Emma - she attended kids day of Kidney Capers and got to see the Lion King (and meet Simba).  Audrey went too and loved it but for Emma it was a Really Big Deal and one of her biggest wins since her anxiety went through the roof after Murray's brain injury;

551.  All the volunteers who make Kidney Capers possible.  When I say Emma had a win it was not without difficulty.  Even though she was looking forward to going she freaked out when it was time for me to drop her off.  Then she decided she would stay but only if she could take her favourite blankie AND birdy with her.  Then after an hour or so I got a phone call saying she had a sore tummy and wanted to come home.  Thankfully they managed to distract her and she calmed down - until it was time to get on the mini bus to drive from lunch to the theatre.  Big freak out about the bus so in the end she and a volunteer went in a TAXI to and from the theatre.  Seriously.  I was going to say the carers earned their money today but there was no money in it for them - they are all volunteers. Above and beyond I tell you;

552.  My couch and a cup of tea after the day's excitement.

Psalm 100:4 
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

No comments: