Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankfulness Jun 5

Some days when the kids are fighting and coughing and fighting and coughing I don't feel very thankful.  That is why I am thankful for this project that makes me think of the things I do have to be thankful for rather than focussing on the things that make me grumpy.



So today I am thanking God for:

514.  A delicious morning tea at playgroup raising money for Australia's Biggest Morning Tea;

515.  The eye opener it is to have a dog in the house.  I really don't know if I can commit.  It's not the smell so much as the poop and the licking (especially when they also lick their own butts). Although I do like that he's adopted one of our stuffed toys as his own.  I wonder if he'd like 500 more?

516.  Friends to have ridiculous conversations with about how if dogs wiped their butts and wore undies it would be OK to have them in the house.


Psalm 147:7 
Sing to the Lord with grateful praise; 
Make music to our God on the harp.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

you may not want this solution...
http://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/

It is great you can 'try before you buy' with a dog - they are a lot of work, and even if you get a trained assistance dog there is some maintanance wrt training involved - I have seen some 'naughty' guide dogs over the years, I'm sure they weren't like that when they left training school!

Anonymous said...

and even with the butt licking, K9 mouths are cleaner than humans'