Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thankfulness Jul 1

Today I am thanking God for:

Snow Much Fun!

600.  A minecraft workshop for Emma and Audrey;

601.  A visit to the SNOW at Darling Harbour for the girls and I;

602.  Not living in a snowy climate or having to deal with snow on a regular basis.


Do you think she liked it??

My snow angel :)

Snow selfies - tried to get the snow falling in the background -
bit tricky with man made snow in a non-snow climate!

I am aware how easy it is to put forward a certain type of persona on social media.  All my thankfulness posts and fun photos could give the impression that life is wonderful - or worse - that I've become an optimist.   It's not.  I haven't.  This winter is kicking my butt.  I am tired and anxious, hardly eating or sleeping, barely able to make it through each day.  Even fun outings like today feel like something to be survived.  Which is exactly why I will continue to schedule outings, post pictures about them and practise daily thankfulness.  

Psalm 73:28 
But as for me, it is good to be near God.
     
I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
   
I will tell of all your deeds.

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Today I am thankful that you Blog led me to the Lazypatch website!! - seriously those suits look amazing.

And every day (even on the very dark days) I am reminded that I too have much to be thankful for (even though I don't Blog about it).

So thank you.

Susan, Mum to Molly said...

Snow at Darling Harbour? How did I not know about this?? Was it a one-off?

Alison said...

Enjoy your duvet suit Fiona - we'll have to share photos when they arrive :)

Susan I have just sent you an SMS but yes snow in Darling Harbour Sun-Thurs this week and next. Not overly accessible though - there are 3 steps to climb up and over to get into the snow pit so you may have to carry M in. In which case she may need snow pants as she'll get a very wet butt!
12-3pm is for up to age 7 and then 3-6pm for 7-12 year olds. $5 for 20 mins snow play. For kids like mine who have never seen snow it was great. There is also an outdoor ice skating rink and other snow related activities - we didn't skate at Darling Harbour as we are going to check out the Parramatta one on Friday.

Heda said...

You're doing great. I really enjoy your blog. Teaches me to be grateful too. My thanks to you and the kids for being themselves with bells on. Take care and be kind to yourself.