Monday, July 21, 2014

Thankfulness Jul 21

Today I am thanking God for:

Would it be bad to be thankful for my child's lack of co-ordination?
Emma wants a pet bird.  I don't want a pet bird.  We compromised
and I told her that if she could catch a wild bird we could keep it.
I think I"m safe :)


668.  Free tickets to Circus Quirkus arriving in the mail today;

669.  No Performance Appraisal for me at work today.  We were meant to do it but thankfully we didn't have time.  You know how sometimes when you're really busy it helps you be productive and get lots done?  Today was not that day.  Today was more of a leave a trail of destruction kind of work day.  Thankfully we didn't get to the appraisal; 

670.  My washing machine and clothes dryer.  Pump fails that spill milk and bile all through the bed REALLY annoy me - but how much worse would it be without a good washing machine and dryer? And even though I have a love / hate relationship with the pump how much worse would it be if I didn't have access to this equipment;

671.  The way Emma loves Ashlea.  Emma cops a lot of flack for her behaviour.  I cop a lot of flack for her behaviour, but she just loves Ashlea so we can't be going completely wrong!  Yesterday at Sunday School the kids had to nominate someone they thought was courageous.  A lot of kids gave predictable answers (mum, dad etc) but Emma nominated Ashlea as her courageous person.  Such a proud Mummy moment.



1 Tim 1:12 
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service.


1 comment:

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

Oh Emma. I love how she loves her sister. That is a really lovely moment to read! Good luck to her in catching a bird!
I am glad you have a great washer and dryer! xx