Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Thankfulness Aug 19

Today I am thanking God for:

'You're hurting my feelings' says the patient.  It's far more effective than
just telling people to stop what they're doing!

757.  Access to great healthcare.  Today Ashlea had bloods, kidney clinic, Rehab clinic, a hip X-ray and her orthotics repaired - all by 1pm.  We are so blessed to have a great hospital just 10 minutes from home;

758.  Continued good health for Ashlea - her creatinine was 44 today.  Can't complain about that;

759.  Vending machines that use pay pass - such an easy way to get snacks while doing hospital business;

760.  Getting to see Audrey's class lead assembly this afternoon;

761.  Aunty Carolin for minding the kids this afternoon AND DOING THEIR HOMEWORK WITH THEM while I took Murray to an appointment.  So much win.  For me anyway.

Psalm 135:3 
Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;  
sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.

1 comment:

Therese said...

Thank you Alison for your honesty in your blog. I was telling Dave (Keun) how encouraged I was by your blog, and I missed the video interview he did with you as I wasn't at church on Sunday (though he had mentioned he would use it in the Psalms series).
Having been having kidney surgery since I was 3, and having CKD with the remaining one failing, I resonate with a lot of what you are saying, and spend a lot of time at Westmead myself (though not at Kids). Will be praying for you, M and the girls. Therese