Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Thankfulness Aug 5

Today I am thanking God for:

Pyjama dance parties in the lounge room


714.  A hot pack for my sore shoulder.  Note to self - STOP lifting Ashlea (although I worry that if I completely stop I will lose the ability to lift her altogether);

715.  Cute babies to play with - and then give back;

716.  The current 'problem' they are having at school with Ashlea.  They keep finding her empty walker - abandoned - and then have to go looking for her to see where she has wandered off to on her own.  It's really not safe to have her walking on her own at school.....BUT....it's also an awesome problem to have!!!


Psalm 63:3 
Because your steadfast love is better than life, 
my lips will glorify you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can Ashlea walk unaided? I don't know what the "problem" is?

Alison said...

She can't walk safely on her own. She walks a few metres but then can't stop and stand still so drops to the ground. Then she has to crawl to something she can use to pull herself up on.

So yes she can walk....but is not safe with other kids running around and power chairs zipping around. She also can't manage uneven ground. For her own safety at school she uses her walker when outdoors. Indoors they let her walk unaided.