Saturday, September 13, 2014

Thankfulness Sept 13

Today I am thanking God for:

Our 50c fete purchase... How could I say no?
What could possibly go wrong...???

846.  School fete fun;

847.  Meals and veggies delivered by friends;

848.  Conversations with Ashlea:

God is on His throne waiting for us she told me this morning.  So unprepared was I for this level of conversation during choir drop off that I thought she said God was on the phone.

She followed up with Are we going to fly like the angels in heaven?  I may have answered yes.  Fellow Armchair Theologians what do you think?  Jesus says that we will be like the angels in heaven.  Do angels actually fly?  Or are they more tele porters?  My kids really want to be flying in heaven.  I know the whole point of eternity is that we will spend it with God and it doesn't matter if we will fly or not .... but it's fun to wonder and imagine what it might be like!



Psalm 147:7 
Sing to the Lord with grateful praise;  
make music to our God on the harp.

2 comments:

Alison said...

OK so I have just been reminded that Jesus' resurrection body did not have wings so the chances of us sprouting them are very minimal. I won't tell Ashlea that just yet...

Therese said...

Oh, the vision of God on His throne awaiting us - out of the mouths of babes!!
I had a good chat with your sister today about your heart of thankfulness, and there I see it instilled in your kids lives and hearts. I need it refreshed in my heart like that of a child.
Praying for safety on the blades!!