Saturday, September 6, 2014

Thankfulness Sept 6

Today I am thanking God for:

Win - a book Emma will happily read!!


820.  A minecraft update to keep my kids entertained on this cold rainy day;

821.  A few minor coughs, sneezes and wheezes that allow us to justify spending the entire day at home in our pyjamas attached to our screens (we'll get back to Compulsory Outdoor Fun Time when the rain goes away);

822.  A cup of tea, hot water bottle and trashy TV for the evening.

That list of first world things to be thankful for is kind of sickening.  Maybe I should also be thankful for:

823.  A reliable supply of electricity;

824.  Owning a computer;

825.  Access to the internet and all the information (both good and bad) at my finger tips;

826.  Medications and doctors within 5 minutes from my house to treat minor ailments if needed;

827.  Fresh water for my tea (and hot water bottle and shower and to flush my toilet with);

828.  A safe and comfy place to sleep every night.

Psalm 13:5-6 
 But I trust in your unfailing love; 

   my heart rejoices in your salvation.  
I will sing the Lord’s praise,
   
  for he has been good to me.

No comments: