Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Back to School


Year 5 for Emma and Year 3 for Ashlea &
Audrey.  

I'm sad my holidays are over Ashlea kept saying.
I told her to tell her problems to her teacher!


Can't believe it is cold enough for jumpers on
the first day of school.  


Because of the rain we couldn't take our first day of school photos in our 'traditional' spot so I told the girls we might have to re-do them on a sunny day.  They were thrilled as you can imagine.


************UPDATE***************

After posting this on Facebook there was some discussion about how I managed to get all my kids to smile at the same time - at which point I had to admit that my trick is to take HEAPS of shots so that I can pick the one or two that worked and discard the rest.

Like these ones...



10 comments:

Min@WriteoftheMiddle said...

What beautiful smiling faces! You have three gorgeous daughters. I hope they enjoyed their first day back at school. I'm wondering where you live that it is cool enough for jumpers? I'm in Brisbane and it has been so hot!

Toni said...

I'm pretty sure I read your back to school post from last year too, the girls look so familiar in their school uniforms (in a totally not stalkerish way).

Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me said...

I bet it was a sad/happy day for you all! I sent two of mine off this year, it was sad but my middle seems to like it so far. Your girls sure are growing fast!

Deborah said...

They're lovely shots! Nice smiles and great colours!

Nancy Entrekin said...

Beautiful girls

Alicia - OneMotherHen said...

I've just sent my daughter off to school this year, and yes, she wore trackies and a jumper on the first day!
Gee they are growing so fast.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Enjoy the serenity (or countdown to the next holidays - whichever camp you're in)

Anonymous said...

Have a nice year girls! From Fay.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I do the same with my boys.
The girls are looking gorgeous in their uniforms all fresh for Y3 & y5.

smithsholidayroad said...

I wondered initially if Emma's grin was from pulling her shirt out ;) beautiful pics xx