Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thankfulness Dec 31

Can you believe it is the end of 2014?

Today I am thanking God for:







I don't remember the fireworks looking so creepy in real life...


1193.  A year of being thankful.  I'm probably not going to keep posting my daily lists here in 2015 but I do plan to keep being thankful.  I am glad I was able to stick with it for a whole year - it has been a good discipline;

1194.  Fun at the Lord Mayor's Picnic this evening;

1195.   A good year for our family.  We have enjoyed good health and little drama and I'm looking forward to what is ahead in 2015.  I feel like for a long time our lives have been on hold - waiting for Ashlea's transplant, dealing with Murray's brain injury etc.  Now that things have stabilised it is time to think about LIVING.  I often feel like other people are living around us and we are standing still, not moving.  I think it's time to get moving.  I'm not quite sure what that will look like but I hope to at least live more deliberately, more in the moment, less fearfully.

Prov 16:9 
The heart of man plans his way, 
    but the Lord establishes his steps.

6 comments:

The Trousdell Five said...

Congratulations on all of your thankfulness posts. What a wonderful accomplishment. Happy New Year to your lovely family!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for all the entertaining posts in 2014, from Fay.

Manfred said...

Happy new year to you and the entire family. Thanks for being Part of Your life for a hole year. ☺
Is this the end of the Blog or will you Give us Updates from time to time?
Greetings from Germany

Heda said...

Happy New Year to you and yours. Hope it's a good one for all of us. I've loved your year of thankfulness. So it's now my turn to thank you. Xo

Tam said...

That firework looks like one of the scary purple minions... Only not purple. Happy new year xx

Jacana said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year. I agree - scary looking fireworks.