Sunday, April 19, 2015

Introducing Cheeky Charlie

We have a new addition to our family.  

Meet Cheeky Charlie

For those not on Facebook who haven't been following the story as to how I weakened and allowed a pet in the house it went something like this.

Many years ago I promised Emma that if she ever caught a pigeon or seagull she could get a pet bird. I thought I was onto a pretty safe thing!




I didn't figure on the determination of the eldest child...



I was rather reluctant to get a bird and even offered the kids a free upgrade to a puppy but they insisted they wanted a budgie so a budgie we got.  He is very cute but appears rather shell shocked at being plonked into the midst of our crazy household.


Why are they staring at me???




Ashlea singing the budgie to sleep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha Emma,
Way to go! Great determination in catching a pet. I remember your mum writing about that deal on her blog.

Wow, Charlie even gets bed-time lullabies. The bird should love it there. From Fay.

Heda said...

Yay. Good on Emma. Beautiful budgie and beautiful singing.